The Colonization 2 Project's goal is to create a freeware sequel to Sid Meier's Colonization. We are creating a game that will combine the spirit of the original Colonization with some new aspects that appeared in later (TBS-) games to make a game that is more complex yet just as addictive as the original Colonization.
- Multiplayer "hot seat" game mode.
- Longer game, including post-revolution management of your nation.
- More player options, including higher customization of your colonies and loyal playing.
- New complex and realistic Founding Fathers' system.
- Brand new graphics, including civ2-style perspective maps and directional units.
- New combat system, more complex but keeping the "click and drag" units creation system.
- More interaction with NATIVES. Options go from ignoring them to integrate them in your colonies.
- New resources and products: GOLD, JEWELRY, RIFLES,...
- New terrain tiles, including MAJOR and MINOR RIVERS.
The official coltoo webpage can be find here.
The project forum can be found here.